Saturday, May 5, 2012
Day 12 Recovery Day
Day 12: Distance hiked: Zero. I've been doing what I do on recovery days - eating lots of calories, doing laundry, attending to gear, and resupplying as best I can. In doing so, I compiled a few stats. So far in the first 11 days I hiked 137.1 miles over 17 mountains, 5 balds, 2 knobs, and up and out of 45 gaps. That's a ton of elevation change! And being that I hiked down 3000 ft yesterday to get to this Outdoors Center--you know what that means--it's 3300 ft up the other side tomorrow morning. Yay! Because on the Appalachian Trail, whatever comes down, must go back up! Miss you family and friends! Next up: Fontana Dam and the Great Smoky Mountains.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love that Day 11 add-on hike to the cabin story!
ReplyDeleteYour knees though, not so much! :-)
Dumper
Terry 12
ReplyDeleteBears 0
If your union knees go on strike walking on your hands will not be an option. Your body is talking to you learn when to rest and when to push.
Enjoy the trail! Did that sign say "Dick lick"? :-)
Incredible stories. Keep posting. Steve M.
ReplyDeleteWow Koozi!! Those are some crazy days you had!! You are going to earn the name Totally Nuts if u keep up this pace, lol! It's definitely impressive! Loving the stories and pics! Keep up the good work and keep eating and resting too. Enjoy the experience! We are all proud of you already :)!
ReplyDeleteVery impressive, Terry! Anelia and I are proud of you and have been praying for your knees. I tell everyone I talk to that I know a guy on the Appalachian Trail. I can't wait to meet up with you in West Virginia. Keep on keepin' on.
ReplyDeleteAveraging almost 12.5 miles a day with all that elevation change is pretty impressive. The Navy has trained you well! Keep up the good work! We'll see you in VA!
ReplyDelete