Friday, May 11, 2012

Day 18 Gatlinburg, TN

Day 18: Distance hiked: Zero.  I walked around Gatlinburg all day, taking in all the stores, restaurants and activities.  Gatlinburg is a standing carnival of mini-golf, haunted houses, Ripley's Believe It or Not, restaurants, games, funhouses, and everything else a carnival entails (Dollywood is a close trolley ride away so there are even all the rides and roller coasters).  I ate lunch at Mellow Mushroom (a gourmet pizza place) and I can't say enough about it.  It was AWESOME!  I also went to a Ripley's Believe It or Not museum and it was THE OPPOSITE OF AWESOME; but oh well, had to try.  All in all, I had a great day of walking around, eating ice cream, and enjoying the sites (probably put in about 10 miles of walking today).  Also stopped in at Smoky Mountain brewery and sampled some of the Smoky Mountain's finest.  Good stuff.  Here are some pics of the town and my favorite places.






5 comments:

  1. love keeping up with the adventure TD. Keep it up - awesome stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy your legs have recovered!! :). Keep on cruisin Koozi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you stopped to take in "Fatlinburg". Such a unique and welcome place after days of trucking through the Smokies. I got picked up for IL12 in September (might as well since I'm going to Djibouti in Oct. I need to firm up my travel and backpacking plans this week. When do you expect to arrive in Damascus? Already started digging my Leki's out of my closet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll probably get to Damascus in about 10-12 days. The problem is I need to make up time when I hit the flatter lands so I may bust out a few 30+ mile days - you'd probably want to meet up after that when I'm back to doing 17 to 20 mile days - I want to meet my family in harpers ferry the last week in June which is why I'm going to push hard in Virginia, where I think it will be possible.

      Delete
  4. Sorry i am just catching up on your blog. I know Galtinburg, TN well, Katie has tons of family there. Did you make it down to Peigon Forge? The mushroom is a great pizza spot, hard to believe it is a chain. Use to be my favorite when I lived in Raleigh. I hope to catch up on your entire blog soon.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.