Friday, April 27, 2012

Day 1-3 add-on

Due to technical difficulties, my phone will not let me just edit my previous post. Since I can't sleep I wanted to add a few more things from my post Day 1-3. First, I want to thank my dad for driving me to the beginning. He was awesome and a total trooper. We saw a bear on the side of the road eating something as we drove in and I was thinking, "Yep, this is for real." We hiked the waterfall together which was great and then the next Day hiked up to Springer (possibly hiking in the wrong direction at first before backtracking up the mountain). It was great and I wouldn't want it any other way. Some other add-ins: Notable characters so far are Leon and Le-dizzle (brother and sister), Gunny (retired Marine gunnery Seargant who still curses like one), Honey and Mooner (who I mentioned previously), and Crazy Beard and the Connecticut trio (Crazy Beard hiked 10 miles with a twelve pack of beer in his pack, cooled it in a stream, and then got sloshed with his buddies at the campsite in the middle of nowhere. While everyone was amazed that this guy hiked with all that extra weight, it was a perfect opportunity for me to say, "hey, do you need a koozie?"



3 comments:

  1. Dumper was very relieved on day one that we made it to the to top of Springer and on. Day two hiked all the way down Amicalola Falls Trail (800 foot drop) and back up in the early morning (no pack). Drove a little and hiked another couple hours in Fort Mountain State Park and arrived in Nashville late afternoon. Spent the night watching American Idol on TV and concluded watching and listening to Idols on Broadway Street. Day three was punctuated by an eleven car pile-up on I-65 (lost an hour, wish I had someone to throw a football to at that point). GO Koozie!
    Dumper

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good start. And make adjustments as you go. The first couple of days will be rough till you get your hiking legs and get use to the pack. Keep your friends close. We are reading with interest.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.